How to Create an Account
To begin, much like any software, the account creation process will guide you through a series of straightforward prompts aimed at tailoring your account to your preferred specifications. The information needed for this step encompasses:
1. Go to the SCOP3 Account sign up page 🡥.
2. Enter your email.
3. Enter your desired password.
Tip: Follow this criteria for a secure password.
- At least 8 characters
- At least 3 of the following:
- Lower case letters (a-z)
- Upper case letters (A-Z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Special characters (e.g.!@#$%^&*)
4. Click Continue.
How to Set Up Your Account
Clients refer to individuals, groups, or businesses for whom you, the user, will be generating GHG data. This can encompass subsidiaries, joint ventures, customers, and other relevant entities. Inputting this information will enable you to effectively structure the data on the dashboard within the software, streamlining your management process.
1. Enter your name.
2. Enter your email.
3. Enter your phone number.
1. Enter the Name of the client you would like to generate GHG Inventory for.
Tip: Client Name does not have to be a client, this could be individuals, groups, or businesses.
2. Enter your Client industry.
Tip: I.e. Technology, Distribution, Education, Retail, Manufacturing..
3. Enter your Client's type.
Tip: Client type can be used as your internal notes, and how they relate to you. I.e. Owner, Supplier, Subsidiary.
5. Enter your Client's address.
1. Select your desired subscription plan.
Tip: Introductory Plan includes a complimentary 30-day trial, you will not be charged until the end of the term.
2. Click Choose this Subscription Plan.
3. Follow directions from Chargebee prompt.
4. Click Continue.
Learn More about our Subscription Plans 🡥.
How to Manage your Subscription🡥.
How to Create a Reporting Location
Upon selecting your desired client for initiating your emissions reporting, you will be directed to the Locations tab. Here, you gain the capability to establish and designate all the locations under the client's jurisdiction, which could encompass both financial and operational control.
Note: In order to proceed, one location should be present for a client.
The client overview serves as the central hub for users, providing insight for various uploaded years for each site, the quantity of locations, and the categorization of each location into specific groups. It offers a comprehensive perspective on your data management, ensuring easy access and organization.
Create a New Reporting Location
1. Click Create New Location on the top right.
2. Enter your desired Location name.
Tip: You can treat this as an internal name.
3. Enter the location's Phone number.
4. Enter the location's Address.
5. Click Create.
Select a Reporting Location
1. Click the reporting year of your desired reporting location.
How to Import your Data
This page will populate once you have uploaded your first expense .csv file onto the software. At this stage, you need to decide on which year you will be uploading your data for in the GHG inventory Report. Followed by the GHG expense upload process.
The file upload requires your data to be submitted in CSV format. The formatting of the CSV file is critical to enable SCOP3 to effectively interpret and appropriately categorize the information.
Configure your data
Upon completing the upload process, it becomes essential to align the assigned categories indicated at the top of the CSV file with our designated four categories. This synchronization ensures accurate data interpretation and alignment within SCOP3's system.
Date: The date of the expense transaction from your system.
Payee: Sometimes referred to as Contact or Supplier in your system.
Category: This is the memo or description for the expense transaction from your system. This can be blank. This is not the expense type form your system such as Office Supplies.
Amount: The dollar amount form your system.
Tip: Only Debit values are accepted. Offsetting credits need to be reconciled in the csv file.
1. Map Date to your desired imported column.
2. Map Payee to your desired imported column.
3. Map Category to your desired imported column.
4. Map Amount to your desired imported column.
GREENHOUSE GAS ANALYSIS
How to Create Your First GHG Inventory
Upon finalizing this process, SCOP3 will navigate you back to the previously visited overview page. You will now notice a comprehensive listing of all expenses displayed below. In addition, a series of graphs will be showcased at the top of the expense data.
Tip: Learn More about your Workspace 🡥.
1. Scroll down to view your imported expenses.
Begin GHG Analysis
You are now ready to start your GHG analysis, where you'll delve into evaluating and interpreting the environmental impact associated with the recorded expenses.
Sort the table to your liking and your workflow by clicking on the column header (eg: by Date). Only one column can be sorted at a time. It is ideal to analyze similar expenses together. For example, sort by Payee.
1. Click the Pencil Icon on the right or click Begin GHG Analysis at the top of the page.
Tip: Screen sizes may differ and scrolling horizontally is needed.
2. Select the Appropriate choices that relate to your expense.
3. Click Calculate Emissions. Once the emission is calculated, it will display in the box above the calculate button.
4. Feel free to analyze as much expenses as you want, when you're ready - click Exit.
Tip: Save time by applying your choices using Save All Feature 🡥.
Generate GHG Report
You are now ready to generate your first GHG Report. Your workspace will populate after analyzing your imported data. Review the data using the various widgets.
1. Hit Generate Report on the top right.
2. Click View Reports
View Generated Reports
1. Click the download icon on the right to acacess your report.